Monday, September 26, 2011

What it looks like when you are on the cross

This post is for people in the heat of the battle. If you are not blood bought and born again you might as well go read drudge report.

I want you to think about this for a second.

What did Jesus look like on the cross? I am not talking about his phenotype or his hair color or his hair style or anything else like that.

See
Jesus was dirty from dragging a old wooden cross and being beaten in the streets.
Jesus was damaged from being beaten by his enemies
Jesus was ridiculed by the majority of the people
Jesus was opposed by the leaders and authorities of Israel
Jesus was hated because his beliefs were not like everyone else

So if you have enemies who are saying you are dirty and you are damaged. If you have enemies who are ridiculing you and you find yourself opposed by people who should be upholding the law. If you find people saying that your Christian beliefs are strange.

You need to realize that you are on the cross. Your suffering has defeated the Devil and your suffering has made a place for you.

2 Tim 2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him

The Cross has been a hard thing for me to personally bear. Its not a easy thing, but it is a God thing. I rejoice in all i have experenced.
I have been hunted and stalked.

Ps 37:32 The wicked lie in wait for the righteous, seeking their very lives;

I have seen the face of the world in a new way, but I have also seen the face of God.

And known the reality of his Love

A few years ago I decided to do what i had to do to follow Christ

Mat 16:24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.

Despite the nature of the criminal activity I have faced. I feel as thought i have a testimony that can bless someone.

There is a God who cares... even when the entire city is against you...

He still Loves you and keeps you

They look at you and have a look of contempt.... look back, smile and know that Jesus dealt with the same thing.

John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Take Peace in Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment